As any other girl, I am wont to crave sweet potatoes from time to time. We can’t help it. It’s in our blood. And especially as it’s down in the low low temperatures here in the Netherlands, a warm meal with lots of beans and and toasty potatoes sounds perfect. I worked off of a peanut recipe I found here and adjusted it to fit what was in my cabinet. It was a bit strong for a peanut sauce but as long as you continue to adjust to your own tastes, I’m sure you’ll love it as much as I did.
- 1 Sweet Potato
- Black Beans
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger (freshly grated if you can get it)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2-3 tablespoons warm water, to thin dressing
- a few dashes of hot sauce
- Start by preheating your oven to 400F/200C, creating slits in your sweet potato with a fork or knife and when it’s ready – pop in your sweet potato, it will take like 45-55 minutes to cook.
- You have some time, so chill out, take a moment
- And when there’s about 10 minutes left, you can start with the rest of the recipe
- You’ll start by straining the corns and beans if they are from a can, and then throwing them on the pan without oil. This is dun dun dun controversial -but if you want a charred texture like I seek out, then this is the way you want to go.
- In the meantime, mix together your ingredients on the stove for a brief time, thinning out with water if you prefer a sauce more watery or thickening with peanut butter. The sauce should be steaming a bit but not boiling.
- Pop out your baked potato, cut it down the center, throw on your corn and black beans and drizzle on sauce
- Ta-da! Easy weeknight meal done.