What to do when two of your work colleagues are gluten free – that was the question I faced last week. Normally this isn’t a work dilemma that one often has, but as I love baking and especially love bringing baked goods to my coworkers. Hence, it became my problem.
Last week I made some incredibly delicious magic bars based off of What the Fork’s recipe.
- 1 cups of gluten free oats
- 118g of butter melted
- 1 cup (or a whole bag) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- as much shredded coconut as you want to throw on top
- 1-2 cups of chopped nuts (I opted for walnut)
- 1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat your oven to 350F/175C and butter up a pan (around 9×13 ought to do
- Mix together the melted butter and oats and spread them evenly on the bottom of the pan
- Top with chocolates
- Then top with nuts
- Then move onto the coconut
- Bake for 30ish minutes until the top is deep golden – serve and enjoy 🙂