I’m not a huge pasta fan. Don’t get me wrong, lasagne is life. As is baked ziti. But on a regular basis – pasta isn’t in my wheelhouse. I can think of quite a few other starches I would prefer. Honestly: why waste the carbohydrates? Here’s why, though, you’ll find me writing a post on pasta this week.
- I found chickpea pasta in my local supermarket – aka reasonably healthy pasta
- I did not manage to get around to making the smoothie I wanted to make
- It was…. delicious and felt like everything summer.
- Handful of pasta (chickpea, regular, spelt, whole grain – take your pick)
- Snow peas
- Pine Nuts
There’s practically no recipe for this…
- Start by boiling your water and tossing in some salt to up the boiling point, cook your pasta
- In the meantime, saute your onions for 5-7 min, and tossing in the chicken after with all the spices you want. I opted for some coriander, salt, pepper, garlic and thyme
- When the chicken is halfway done, add in your snow peas
- If your pan is getting too full, then just finish up this batch – and then start again (or hopefully you have enough room) adding pine nuts, spinach and freshly chopped coriander
- Make sure you have a glass of wine nearby
- Toss on a healthy portion of pesto and mix it all together.