If I had to choose my favorite food and it couldn’t be chocolate… I would be hard pressed to choose just one thing. Then again I could just say that it’s eggs. I absolutely adore eggs, and can eat them at any time of the day (because hell, it’s not only a breakfast food). Last week, I finally gave the idea of a sheet pan egg a shot – and oof, was it delicious.
Ingredients (Served me around 3-4 meals… with a hearty appetite)
- 6 eggs
- 1 large sweet potato, thinly diced
- 2 zucchinis, roughly chopped
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- freshly chopped cilantro, salt and pepper, paprika, garlic, cayenne
- some other suggestions: avocado, hot sauce
- Start by preheating your oven to 425F and prep your vegetables.. i.e. chop your sweet potatoes, zucchinis, bell peppers.
- Line your baking sheet with tin foil and generously throw on olive oil. The (ahem correct) way to start is to get a large bowl and toss together your sweet potatoes, zucchinis, corn, black beans, bell peppers, salt & pepper, paprika, garlic and cayenne together. I have specifically not put amounts of spices because I am a huge proponent of tasting along the way, and figuring out what you like by simply trying out different things. For example: I dose inordinately with garlic (… we’re taking tbsp amounts). Mix together with some extra olive oil and pour out on your pan.
- Or if you’re like me, you realize this too late and simply mix everything haphazardly with your hands (which also works)
- Toss in the oven for 15-18 minutes
- Take it out (be careful, the pan is hot!) – and crack 6 eggs on top, sprinkling some S&P for good luck.
- Back in the oven with it for another 7-9 minutes
- While you’re waiting – you can prep your extra ingredients, like avocado, freshly chopped cilantro, pesto or hot sauce (yum)!)
Hint: This also makes an excellent meal prep