Do you ever just get the urge to make something sweet? That rush of sugary goodness when you taste a piece of your dough and go… holy hell, that was awesome…? Well, if you haven’t felt that… I really don’t know why you’re here (please leave and find another blog to follow). Let’s just say that I often have urges to bake horrifically unhealthy things. When I was younger, this wasn’t great, but now that I have friends all over the place that do appreciate a good cookie or brownie bar – let’s just say: the baking sometimes gets out of control. This is one of those stories.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extra
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 375F, and while that’s heating up – begin by whisking together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt)
- Get out an electric mixer or your very own hands and beat together butter, brown sugar and 1 cup of sugar (if you don’t have brown sugar- substitute 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 tsp molasses)
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla (yum) – and then reduce the speed (if you absolutely must) – and then add in the whole flour mixture. Yeah… I know how good it looks but control yourselves please
- In another small bowl, combine the rest of the sugar and cinnamon and roll the dough into balls in the cinnamon sugar. Place them on parchment paper lined baking sheets
- Place those pieces of sugar in the oven for 12-14 minutes (mine were perfect at 12) – cool if you must, eat if you please.
Yeah. so cookies. Can we talk about how snicker doodles don’t actually have cinnamon in the batter? This was a huge hit for my assumed knowledge about baking… on the other hand, it did make everything much easier to put together and with my hands absolutely covered in dough – I didn’t mind that it was only sugary-flavored. Either way, I still ate most of it (Spoiler: all of it) The cookies are so incredibly good and I can’t wait to send them off to all of the people – I’ve found the best holiday present so come Christmas, send me an address and you will receive cookie love.