Roasted Radishes Recipe
- Bunch of radishes
- Walnuts, crushed
- White onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper and paprika
- Something left over in the freezer…?
I may have a slight tendency to lose my focus at work and go on The Kitchn maybe once every two hours… or hour. It was on one of these flights of fancy that I came across this post talking about roasting radishes. I’m not the biggest fan… But as I read about how much quicker it to roast radishes than other vegetables (I’m talking about you, carrots…), I became intrigued. So I threw together some radishes, grabbed three leftover chicken nuggets sitting in the freezer, and came up with what was actually a pretty decent meal.
- Wash your radishes and trim the ends off, and halve them. Also preheat your oven at 230C and throw some olive oil on a baking pan.
- Mince garlic and onions (Are you sensing a trend in my food yet?)
- I chose to use the top parts of my radishes as the greenery for my dinner, so I washed the tops and lined the bottom of the pan with them in order to get more of the actual radish flavor. Sometimes that’s not an option, because they can be MAD gnarly, so use some spinach or lettuce if you’re so inclined.
- Toss your radishes with olive oil, garlic, onions, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt and pepper. Taste it, and make sure whatever concoction you have created – that it’s just your seasoning
- Throw it in the pan along with whatever weird freezer odds and ends you needed to get rid of – Oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Eat it as soon as possible, because as I learned- hot radishes are RAD.
Let me just say that as a radish denier my whole life, I was pretty blown away by how delicious they were. Part of me wants to try and cook with them again… maybe some fingerling potatoes and more heavy seasoning? Let me know if you liked this recipe or if you’re more into baked goods. I can’t imagine a dessert recipe with radishes, but the world has seen stranger things. Enjoy!