Roasted Peaches and Yogurt: The Recipe
- 2 peaches (the closer to ripe, the better)
- Some white wine (your preference)
- Honey (Raw is better)
- Lime Juice/Zest
- Yogurt or something creamy
Note: This recipe is incredibly easy and insanely delicious and I’m warning you now that you will probably eat a whole batch and not feel guilty at all. Just a pre-warning…
- Slice/Core peaches into slices
- Warm your pan of choice with butter and honey – I used a fairly low heat so make sure the honey didn’t burn.
- Place the peaches in your pan and thoroughly coat them with the butter and honey mixture
- Pour in a dash… or more of your wine wine, and toss on whatever toppings are your favorite. My personal favorites are nutmeg, cinnamon and some lime juice for a sassy splash – THEN: Turn down the heat and simmer, covering the top of the pan to insure you get those flavors.
- While that’s slowly simmering, preheat your oven to around 200C and whip up whatever sweat creamy yogurt you have. My strategy for this meal was to be somewhat healthy, so I used Fage 0% Yogurt and whipped it into a delicious center of my plate. Obviously the option to just having heavy whipping cream or even better… ice cream is open to you.
- After 7-8 minutes of simmer, throw the peaches and the pan into the oven for 10ish minutes
- Take out the peaches let them cool, but only for a little bit – because that mixture of sweet creamy goodness and warm soul-warming heaven can only last for a brief moment.
I hope loads of you enjoy the recipe, because I am still overtly obsessed with it and plan on making it with as many fruits, and different spice ideas as I can come up with. If you decide to cook this or some version of it – please let me know so we can exchange ideas. Enjoy!